Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wildflower Bathroom Set


Firstly, I would like to publically thank Diandra for her beautiful porcelain wildflower bathroom set that she presented me with on Saturday night.

I love it. *barf*

It is gloriously hideous. So, in the interest of social sciences, and following the mantra that one man's treasure is another man's junk, I decided to conduct an experiment:

1. I took a picture of the aforementioned bathroom set, after removing all price tags. [SIDE NOTE: Who gives people wedding presents with the price tags left on? Especially when it's that ugly and you got it on sale at Winners? Riddle me that, Batman.]

2. I posted the picture and an ad up on kijiji. I was asking for $20 OBO (or best offer, for those non-kijijiites out there) and figured that was WAY too much money for the pile of junk. The plan was to repost the ad every day and ask for less and less, and see at what point someone was interested.

You can see the ad HERE: http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-garden-Wildflower-Bathroom-Set-W0QQAdIdZ170693864

3. I waited. It took almost 24 hours for the post to show up on kijiji but NOW...

...SOME SUCKER WANTS TO BUY THE CRAP.

Sorry Diandra, you could have had $20 in your pocket but, no, you chose to give it away and now I am reaping the benefits. Eat that, married woman!

[We'll see if they actually show up. I told them to come by tonight.]

3 comments:

Devo on November 25, 2009 at 2:45 PM said...

It looks better in the picture than in real life.
I still wouldn't buy it though.
It is going to make some old lady very happy.

Rachel on November 25, 2009 at 9:02 PM said...

haha, I was going to say the same thing... the looking alright in the picture thing.
But good Job Ash! 20 dollars richer! Wahoo!

Diandra Harding on November 26, 2009 at 8:15 PM said...

Does this mean I dont need to get you a wedding gift?

Post a Comment