Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Death to our blog?


I am sitting on a computer in the computer lab at school on supervision duty. Facebook is blocked- a terrible fate in my need to waste time. So I decided to resurrect the blog. I see we haven't had much activity on it- which is fine. We are all busy. However, I know that most of you still check it daily- and by most of you, I do- and thought that it would be a great way to keep in touch during exams. I assume I will not see any of you during that period of time. Except Rachel. Perhaps we will bring you food one day. That would be nice of us...
Now that Britney is over, and our discussion of peeing in the shower is dead- a song had even been written on it- we may need to find a new topic of discussion.
On Oprah yesterday, there was a story about a single dad who had his wife die a couple hours after his daughter was born. He now blogs about experiences as a single dad, and has a rather large following. Strangers were finding his address and sending him baby toys and money. I propose that we make up something dramatic and tragic that has happened to us in our lives and see how many people we can get to send us money. This may be another dishonest, but effective money making scheme... I also think we need to get some more followers for our blog. Shout out to Michelle and Melissa- but we should get at least another one. Aim small, miss small.

1 comments:

Melissa on April 14, 2009 at 1:06 PM said...

I finally got a shout out... So happy! But I think you'll need to brain storm and maybe create doctured photos for this scheme. The more details put in the more likely people will believe it. One of you could contract a life-threatening disease? Or you could create a slum of Edmonton story? Where you suddenly get on a game show - but they think you're cheating so you have to explain how the slums have taught you all you know... wait... that idea might already been used. I'll keep thinking.

Post a Comment