Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Register me


I seem to have the greatest luck with getting pulled over lately. The only two times I have been pulled over have happened in the last two weeks. Wonderful.

Darin drives 12 hours going 140-145km/hr on our way to ID. I jump in the drivers seat for 20 minutes and there are lights in my rearview mirror. Thank you. He clocked me at going jsut over 90m/hr. I payed him 20 dollars and was on my way, no need to put anything on insurance. I had good luck.

My car has issues. There is a something wrong with a short circuit and when I go over bumps or turn on my blinker all the lights in my car may or may not go off sometimes. When I say all the lights I mean all the lights. All the lights outside and inside my car. Some nights this doesnt happen at all and sometimes I drive for only 5 minutes and it happens. Its all chance.
I am driving home from Darin's on the Anthony and it happens. I get pulled over. Seriously? I explain to him the issues with my car. He asks for lisence and registration. My registration and insurance - EXPIRED! They expired last month. SERIOUSLY? SO I had no idea. So a ticket for 230 bones later I am driving home so upset. How am I going to pay for this stupid ticket.

Any suggestions on getting out of this.
I wish I would have cried to the officer. Maybe he would have had a bit more sympathy for me as a poor sad student?

Lucky Di

5 comments:

Devo on April 21, 2009 at 12:24 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devo on April 21, 2009 at 12:26 PM said...

Comment: So Lucky Di for the first pull-over. Not-so-lucky Di for the second. That sucks. Do I know how to get out of it? No. Is there a way to get out of it? I don't know. That is the question I suppose. You should have cried. He would have taken pity on you. Perhaps you could have claimed you just got out of a coma and 1 month had passed, but you didn't realize it. You were going to go get your license and registration renewed, but on the way you fell into a coma and only recovered now. So you didn't remember what you were going to do before, but thank the kind officer for reminding you. Maybe even pretend you don't remember your name- but he helped you remember. And then cry. He will feel so special. Brilliant. I feel the time has passed though.
So maybe pay it? You can get in on our money-making schemes if you would like... it can help pay for the ticket. We were $6 in the hole after the last one- so I'm not promising great things.

Devo on April 21, 2009 at 12:27 PM said...

Stupid post being removed. I should edit things before I post them. We don't know who will be reading this years down the road... especially when we are rich and famous.

Bonnie on April 22, 2009 at 10:02 AM said...

you got a ticket...i can relate.... let's turn may long weekend into a charity themed fundraiser for you. and come study at the institute with me today.. [please].

Melissa on April 23, 2009 at 5:49 PM said...

I've heard that anytime you contest a ticket (aka go to court), the judge either throws the ticket out, or reduces. Just for you showing up. That might be something to try?

Post a Comment