Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Burj cont'd


So last night was the opening of the Burj Khalifa, formally known as the Burj Dubai.
[They changed the name. Possibly after Dubai got financially bailed out by the Sheik of Abu Dhabi who gave them $5 billion. His name is Khalifa. I would want the world's tallest tower named after me too.]
We sat on our roof and had the most perfect view of the tower. It was insane. I can't describe it, so I thought I would put up some pictures. Fireworks all around the buildling- 360 degrees. And keep in mind- the building is almost 1 km long... do you know how many fireworks that would take?!
I felt like I was in Gotham city.
Or it was the Apocalypse.
It was magical.









And because I can't describe it- check out these videos:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8440219.stm
http://www.ameinfo.com/220359.html- stick it out until 3:00 and then it gets good!

I'm a little excited. Can't you tell?

PS- freak it takes long to upload pictures!

2 comments:

Unknown on January 5, 2010 at 11:24 AM said...

Seriously, Bruce Wayne MUST live there...

Cathy on January 5, 2010 at 7:44 PM said...

Oh Devo I'm so glad you put up pics! Because I came to comment on your other post that you should and ask you how spectacular it was! You read my mind. This looks like it woulda been AMAZING. Definitely once in a lifetime sorta thing. Lucky girl.

Post a Comment