Sunday, January 31, 2010

DRIVE BY SHOOTING (no pun intended)


My visa ran out. Problem. Dhs 750 problem. Who knew it was only 30 days? Not me.
My father and I had to go to the gong-show immigration office to get it renewed, and on our way back home we drove past our neighbour chilling on his lawn.
What was he doing?
I kid you not- he was checking out his golf swing using a mirror.
Now, he has a yard with a very large wall that would prevent anyone from seeing him- but no. He is on the patch of grass on the corner of our street practicing his golf swing in front of the mirror he took off the wall of his entranceway.
So what did we do?
What any terrible person would.
My father drove me back home so I could get my camera.
We then circled the block twice so we could get a picture.
It wasn't even a fear that he would see us- he was way into his swing.
It's another wonderful day in the neighbourhood.

2 comments:

Christopher George Pomerleau on January 31, 2010 at 5:51 PM said...

I will have to admit that I (like buddy in the picture) love to see myself in the mirror. I don't know why. Perhaps it is because it brings into question the concept of self or perhaps it is from an underlying narcisistic force... but I also have a stronger force driving(pun intended) me to not be an wierdo.

Cathy on February 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM said...

Bahahaha oh Devon, I love everything about this moment. Especially the part where your went and got your camera and circled the block to get the perfect pic. You might be just as odd as your neighbor... just sayin...

Post a Comment