Thursday, February 4, 2010

How to be a celebrity


I figured with our TV (and modeling) debut we should be prepared for how to keep climbing the ranks. This is the list I found on Wikipedia.

1 - Have a personality, any personality. Without this, forget the rest. Check
2 - Work on your singular talent, whether it's cooking, acting, singing, writing, whatever. Do we actually have talent? Other than always being ridiculously good looking.
3 - Try to reach the widest possible audience. Homemade saucy videos and raunchy reality shows seem to be a good ticket. (Not everyone will be invited, but if you are - you're still not there yet). Youtube here we come.
4 - Get the best agent you can. Don't "jump into bed" with just any, but when you find a good one be loyal. That way you'll share the same interest - YOU. I nominate Shtoon. She knows how to get things done.
5 - Invest your own money with a Record Label to release an album starring you (it's called co-production). I'll call Dr. Leishman on this one.
6 - Get a good publicist. You must be on front pages or inner covers. Always get a full page somewhere or a page where your mug dominates. (If you don't get this, forget the rest). What in the heck is the difference between a publicist and an agent?
7 - Start anywhere and smile. Work your way up in circulation. I think we have this one down pat. First Britney, and now this.
8 - Participate in cameos. Lend your face, your voice or both. Ads, Charity announcements and Feature appearances known to help. Let's look into making a church video. This will increase our circulation.
9 - Monitor your popularity with polls and participation in Awards. (If you picked a good agent, s/he will help here big time).
( I have been checking youtube every 20 minutes....)
And here's the one tip they gave
Have a website, blog or both and network them.

Am I letting this go to my head?

Or more importantly, should I focus on modeling or acting?

2 comments:

Devo on February 5, 2010 at 4:11 AM said...

BAHAHA-
So the 267 views of our movie have been from me and you. You taking the day shift, me taking the night shift.
On a postitive note- sall87302 commented on our video. It is our first random person! I looked up her profile, and she is clearly obsessed with Ellen.
Such an extensive list of things to do when we are famous. At least we are on our way- Shtoon would be a great publicist, and Dr. Leishman a great financial backer.
I propose we make a church movie to post on mormon.org. Or send it in to Halestorm Entertainment. Perhaps we can become the female version of Kirby Heyborn. One can only wish...

Shtoon on February 5, 2010 at 4:04 PM said...

I'm not going to lie...

I spent most of yesterday trying to find out how to make a youtube video 'viral'.

We'll have to talk.

Post a Comment