Thursday, February 11, 2010

it's come to this.


So i went to see another movie with melissa tonight. Tonight it was "when in rome", last night it was "dear john", tomorrow who knows. All I know is that I'm addicted to the fro-yos at the movie concession, and will probably go every night until someone stops me. I get this low-fat mix with banana, mango, and strawberries. YUM! I'm turning into a regular, and by tomorrow I think I'll just say, "give me the usual", and they will know what i'm talking about.

Who knew you could buy heaven for just $4.69.

Anyways, so I was driving home by myself after the movie, when I saw this sign and it hit me.

I hadn't been to the new wendy's yet. So I did a u-turn, and headed for the wendy's, and the next thing I knew tears were streaming down my face. Now these weren't happy tears, these were straight up sad tears. First, I felt guilty for going to wendy's at midnight. Bad bonnie bad. Second, many many memories of wendy's in edmonton washed over me.

(me enjoying a snack wrap in edmonton surrounded by my besties...can't you just feel the happiness?)

And I realized that I have no clue who will go on burger runs with me in Calgary.....and now i'm totally second guessing this move. I was completely fine with everything, until I realized that it takes a special person to understand my love of wendy's and fast food, and I don't think those type of people exist in Calgary.

And now I'm worried.

To make matters worse, I pulled up the window to order a spicy chicken go wrap.....AND THEY WERE OUT OF CHICKEN. If you thought I was emotional before, well this just put me over the edge. so I had to get a jbc. I mean, jbc's are good and everything, but they aren't a spicy chicken go wrap. And the prices down here are $0.20 more than in Edmonton. I know I'm not a starving student anymore, but this might just break Dr. Leishman's bank if he has to pay that extra 20 cents every time. I just don't know what to do.


Then I came home, after my depressing Wendy's run, and ate burnt french fries. What a night.


(and i think someone took my wisdom teeth out without telling me......)


Things will get better...right?

5 comments:

Melissa on February 11, 2010 at 12:58 AM said...

Dear Bonnie. You are a ridiculous girl. Wendy's? At midnight? Good thing we went to the gym today. But more importantly... You are ridiculous because you will be fine in Calgary. They have people that eat burgers there. Sure it may be a Peter's burger... but come on... Peter's is awesome... and might in fact me a step up from Wendy's. Plus those milk shakes... YUM! So chin up dear. This move will be good for you... grow and what not. And if you're ever feeling down... just read the first page of your really cute book. Cause everything written is true.
Love Melissa

amysteed on February 11, 2010 at 4:23 PM said...

maybe you're right...you should rethink this whole moving thing. But on second thought, Melissa makes a good point...I've lived in your future home. I know just how close Peters is.

Alaya on February 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM said...

Ok. I feel like I have to be the voice of reason here... Peters just isn't that good anymore. Sure the milkshakes are fantastic, but the burgers/fries leave something to be desired. But again, lets be serious, Wendys is like the gospel... you just need to convert a few. And I believe you have a testimony of Wendy's thats all you really need. If you eat it, They will come.

Molcaks on February 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM said...

Man, I wished I had blogged about my night at that same wendy`s last night at about midnight... SO much for fitting into my wedding dress! So I was thinking Bonnie. In Calgary we can be work and and Wendy run buddies. I think thats like the perfect combo, is it not? :)

Cathy on February 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM said...

I will miss you.
I will cry.
I will still be your friend.
I will come visit.
Everything will be okay.

Post a Comment