Sunday, December 20, 2009

Interesting Facts


Interesting fact: Blogspot in Dubai is in Arabic. I couldn't find the sign-in button. I probably reported our blog accidentally and it's now flagged.
Other interesting fact: we were one of the last flights to leave Washington before the storm hit. We have family friends whose son is trapped in DC, unable to leave until tomorrow morning because of the snow. We sat for 2 hours while they de-iced our plane. That meant we showed up an hour late in Doha and missed our next flight... but when all was said and done we only showed up 3 hours late. My poor father who waited for us. The strange part I think is that they de-ice our plane in Washington, where it had barely started to snow, but didn't in Edmonton. Maybe we are just way more efficient at de-icing planes and we don't need to announce it to all the passengers and make it into this huge deal. Americans make a big deal of everything.
In Washington there was also a bunch of Obama propaganda. Bejeweled OBAMA shirts, Michelle's face on a Barbie pink Christmas ball, magnets, keychains, books and even rugs. I was tempted to buy the rug. What I was really tempted to do was buy a huge life-size cardboard Obama and stick it in Bonnie's bed. I didn't though. Be thankful.
Life is good here. If you are visiting soon- be happy. And excited. 24 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. That being said, I am still not getting a tan. I will show up just as pasty white as I left...

1 comments:

Erin. on December 22, 2009 at 1:26 PM said...

If you go back through D.C. please get me the Michelle "Barbie" pink magnet...I've already made a spot for it on the fridge.

Post a Comment